Monday, January 31, 2011

A moment's pause...

As it says over yonder, I'm a software engineer. That means I'm a technology guy. I've got computers out the yin-yang, and the whole house is wired for digital, baby. I have visions of raising a passel of tech-savvy kids who run circles around teachers who even dare try to teach them "programming".

But when I slow down to admit it to myself, there's an equal chance I might wind up with kids like this one.

We’d just returned from the pool and I expected to see Dylan futzing around with one of his plastic horses, content with the knowledge that his parents had provided him with a quality amount of entertainment this afternoon. Instead, I observed him standing on tiptoe in the office, carefully balancing my laptop on its side before allowing it to crash back down onto the desk.
Thunk.

Note to self: buy lock for office door.

1 comment:

  1. “Hey, so I think I have good news for you. This is not your laptop.” - this is where it got good. :D

    ReplyDelete