Monday, March 21, 2011

The Cat's Out of the Bag

My parents are visiting, and have been told our plans. Naturally, they think we've gone and lost our minds. Wait, that's my friends. My parents are thrilled.

So now everybody's in on the secret... and feeling the pain of waiting. Dad-unit has already complained that he has to wait another 6 months (or whatever), and half-seriously suggested we might have just waited until we had a permanent placement. Of course, that wouldn't do because I'm chafing under the wait too, and everybody knows that the best way to endure misery is to spread it around.

At least, that's the theory one of my friends has been operating on for the past decade or more.

It's been a month since we've had any contact at all with the DHS folks. I probably ought to put in a call in the vain hope that it might be returned. The waiting would be a lot easier if there were only a little bit of communication.

3 comments:

  1. Squeaky wheel and all that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see, a government agency that actually does something socially useful, underfunded, understaffed, overwhelmed, and oppressed with regulatory red tape? How could this be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fully cognizant of their realities. I'd just like to feel like my inquiries aren't being routed directly into the memory hole.

    ReplyDelete